Visitors damage coral reefs on Cocks Comb
High Level Celebration
Opening Address - Vice President H.E Henry Van Thio, Chairperson of NWRC and NDMC
The National Water Resources Committee (NWRC) Progress Dissemination to the Peoples of Myanmar - Multimedia Report - NWRC
Congratulatory Remark by the Government of the Netherlands - H.E Mr. Wouter Jurgens, Ambassador of NL to Myanmar
Congratulatory Remark by the Government of China - H.E Mr. Hong Liang, Ambassador of China to Myanmar.
Congratulatory Remark by the World Bank - Ms. Ellen Goldstein, World Bank Country Director for Myanmar
Congratulatory Remark by the Government of the Republic of Korea - Mr. Kim Jung Han, Deputy Chief of Mission, Korean Embassy (ROK) in Yangon.
Congratulatory Remark by UNICEF - Ms June Kunugi, Representative of UNICEF Myanmar.
Congratulatory Remark by Australian Water Partnership (Video) - Ms.Kaye Schofield, AO Chair, Chair of Australian Water Partnership
Session 1: Progress Dissemination to the Peoples of Myanmar
Chair of the Session: Dr.Charlie Than, President of Myanmar Engineering Council and member of Advisory Group, NWRC
- River Conservation Activities in Myanmar - U Sein Lwin, Deputy Director, DWIR, MOTC
- Towards a Sustainable Irrigation Development taking into account challenges and solutions for Droughts and Floods - Dr. Zaw Zaw Latt, Assistant Director, IWUMD, MOALI
- Flood Early Warning System - U Win Maw, Assistant Director, DMH, MOTC.
- Inland Water Transport Current Status and Development Action Plan - U Aung Than Myaing, Head Department of Inland Water Transport.
- Myanmar National Building Code- Water Supply, Drainage and Sanitation (Part - 5D) - Daw Zin Zin Hlaing, Assistant Director, Water and Sanitation Division, Department of Housing, Ministry of Construction.
- Integrated Water Resources Management Initiatives in the Critical Watershed Area- Dr. Toe Aung, Assistant Director, FD, MONREC.
- Preparedness Activities for Water-related Disasters- Daw Phyu Lai Lai Tun, Director, DRR, MOSWRR.
- Current Water Supply System and NRW Management- U Zaw Min Htut, Assistant Engineer, YCDC
- Nature for Water- Daw Khaing Mar Win, MES.
- Maritime Industry in Myanmar - Marine Administration Department, MOTC
- Water and Health in Myanmar - Dr. Khaing Khaing Soe, Deputy Director, OEHD, MOH.
- Water Conservation and Protection of Water Disaster by Ministry of Industry - Dr. Aung Myint, Director, Department of Industrial Cooperation, Ministry of Industry
- Water Resources Management (Hydropower Implementation)- U Ye Myint Tun, Department of Hydropower Implementation, MOEE.
- Rural Water Supply Activities - U Khant Zaw, DG, Dr. Win Min Oo, DRD, MOALI.
Session 2: Follow up of the 3rd APWS role of Myanmar in implementation of Yangon Declaration.
Chair of the Session: U Cho Cho, Chair of Advisory Group, NWRC
- Yangon Declaration: the Pathway Forward - upscale innovation toward a water-secured Asia and the Pacific - Ms. Yumiko Asayama, Manager, Asia Pacific Water Forum.
- Water Sector Contribution and Myanmar Engineering Society - U Hla Baw, MES
- Fresh Water in Myanmar - (Dr. Sami Tornikoski) presented by Dr. Hannah Baleta, WWF Myanmar.
- Mobile Hydro-Informatics Solution for Agro-based Industry - U Thein Soe Min, Green Way Agtech.
- Step by Step Together: IADS Development - Ms. Tanya Huizer, IADS, Arcadis, NL
- UN Water Convention and Myanmar - Daw Zin Myo Thu, National Coordinator, IUCN
- Utilization of Ayeyarwady Water Resources - ACHC, China
- Lessons Learnt from Taung Thaman Lake Water Pollution - U Maung Maung Oo, Natural Green.
- Ayeyarwady State of the Basin Synthesis Report (SOBA)- Mr. Tarek Ketelsen, AWP, Australia.
- Mainstreaming Biodiversity and Ecosystem Conservation into the Basin Development Plan through Chindwin River Basin Organization - Dr. Win Maung, MEI/SEI
- Enhancing Navigability of Ayeyarwady for River Transport in Myanmar - Alwin Commandeur, Royal HaskoningDHV
- The Ayeyarwady River and Myanmar Economy - Dr. Hannah Baleta, WWF Myanmar
- "Myanmar Moving Yangon Declaration Forward" Summarized by Session Chair (12 minutes) - U Cho Cho, Chair of AG, NWRC.
Session 3: Myanmar (Country Level) Action Plan for "International Decade for Action, Water for Sustainable Development (2018-2028)
Facilitator: Prof. Dr. Khin Ni Ni Thein, Secretary, Advisory Group of NWRC.
- Myanmar (Country Level) Action Plan from IWRM perspective- Dr. Zaw Lwin Tun, Director, MOALI
- Myanmar (Country Level) Action Plan from DRR perspective - Daw Myat Moe Thwe, Director, MOSWRR
- WASH for Rural Development - U Khin Aung Thein, Rep of UNICEF
- Myanmar (Country Level) Action Plan for "International Decade for Action, Water for Sustainable Development" (2018-2028) - Dr. San Win, Director, MONREC
- AIRBM Project as a Springboard for Myanmar Water Sector Reform and Water for SD Decade - U Ye Thu Aung, HIC, AIRBM
- Water Resources Management Activities in Myanmar - U Aung Myo Khaing, Director, DWIR.
- Myanmar (Country level) Action Plan from Energy Production perspective - U Tint Lwin Oo, Director, DHP, MOEE
- The Professional Development for Young Engineers (Water) - Dr. Charlie Than, Myanmar Engineer Council.
Myanmar Water Portal "White Carpet" photo shoot - a unique spotlight on Myanmar Water Professionals organized by The Water Agency. http://bit.ly/2BVQAQL