Urban Delta Seminar Presentations - 14 February 2018, Yangon.
The Seminar on Resilient Urban Delta Development was jointly Organized by National Water Resources Committee, Yangon Regional Government and Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The seminar aims to enable the exchange of information and the creation of synergies and cooperation among various activities and initiatives from national and international development partners aiming at enhancing or impacting water security in the Ayeyarwady Delta in general and the Yangon Region in particular.
The objective of this seminar is to enhance in-depth understanding of, and synergy between the different (existing and planned) initiatives, and enables the various activities and initiatives both from national and international actors to be presented, and modalities for cooperation and synergies to be identified with a particular emphasis on the development of a knowledge agenda.
The expected outcomes of the seminar are: (i) an enhanced in-depth understanding among participants of different (existing and planned) initiatives for resilient urban development approaches for the delta; (ii) general requirements for and impacts on water security of these interventions identified and needs for data, information and knowledge, as well as specific models to enable informed decision making on possible measures and interventions in the delta; (iii) enhanced synergy and coordination between development partners on setting of a knowledge agenda; (iv) follow-up and next steps towards formulation and formalization of a knowledge agenda, which can be rolled out in the coming years.
Yangon Regional Government - Chief Minister Yangon Region H.E. U Phyo Min Thein.
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands - NL Ambassador to Myanmar H.E. Wouter Jurgens
Ayeyarwady Regional Government - Ayeyarwady Regional Minister, U WIn Htay
National Water Resources Committee - Secretary NWRC U Htun Lwin Oo
1. A Bird's Eye View of Delta Management Introduction to Seminar: Setting a Delta Knowledge Agenda by Mr. Tom Kompier, Strategic Advisor Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
Presentation 1 Structuring Decisions for a sustainable future: http://bit.ly/2CojAgC
Presentation 2 Towards a Knowledge Agenda: http://bit.ly/2Exl2TK
2. Ministry of Transport and Communication by U Aung Myo Khaing, Director of Directorate of Water Resources and Improvement of River Systems(DWIR)
3. Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation by Dr. Zaw Lwin Tun, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MoALI) and Irrigation and Water Utilization Management Department (IWUMD)
4. Ministry of Social Welfare by U Than Soe, Director of the Department of Disaster Management, Ministry of Social Welfares
5. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment Committee by Daw Phyu Phyu Khine, Staff Officer of Department of Forestry.
6. Development Partner 1: Delta Micro - Urban and Rural Water Supply, Sanitation, Drainage by U Myo Thein- Deputy Head of Department, Engineering Department of Water Supply and Sanitation YCDC
7. Development Partner 2: Delta Meso - Delta Islands - Urbanization and Industrial Zones - Agriculture - Nature by Mr. Micheal Bonte Grapentin and Mr. Eisse Wijma, World Bank
8. Development Partner 3: Delta Macro- River Systems stability-floods,salinity-sediment, navigation by Mr. Willem Mak, Netherlands Strategic Advisor, Water Infrastructure Development; Department for International Development
During the Urban Delta Seminar the 'Final DRAFT Executive Summary of the Integrated Ayeyarwady Delta Strategy (IADS) - Phase A' was distributed.