Impact of land-use for urbanization on Groundwater YANGON
06 April 2020 -
U Myint Thein presents the impact of land use on the Groundwater in Yangon Region. He pointed out that management on groundwater should be properly taken out.according to the existing data and reports.
He explains about
- Population growth and land area development of Yangon
- The ratio of groundwater recharge vs. discharge from ancient time to the present time.
- Yangon's water supply system and role of groundwater supply in Yangon Region
- Decreasing of groundwater recharge due to the increments of impervious surfaces, lack of green areas and land use growth.
- Effect of climate change on groundwater
- Conclusion and control key points