SDG 6.5.1 IWRM Action Planning Course
Source: Global Water Partnership
A comprehensive new course – the SDG 6.5.1 IWRMAction Planning course – will equip participants with the tools needed to design and implement an inclusive and successful integrated water resources management (IWRM)Action Plan.
The new SDG 6.5.1 IWRM Action Planning course provides a step-by-step roadmap for the successful rollout of an Action Plan.
Based on the SDG 6 IWRM Support Programme'sIWRM Acceleration Package –developed by Global Water Partnership in consultation with Cap-Net UNDP and UNEP-DHI Centre on Water and Environment, and under the guidance of the United Nations Environment Programme, to assist governments in designing and implementing country-led responses to SDG indicator 6.5.1 –the course explores five core modules:
- Module 1: Overview of IWRM and its links to the SDGs, and the purpose and benefits of an IWRM Action Plan.
- Module 2: How to design and implement an inclusive, results-oriented stakeholder engagement process for action planning.
- Module 3: Why linking IWRM action planning to a country's overall water- and development-related challenges and opportunities and aligning the planning with other national and international priorities is important, as well as an introduction to useful tools and approaches.
- Module 4: Experience-based inputs on what might happen during stakeholder consultation, and how to set priorities for the action plan and reach agreements with stakeholders.
- Module 5: What steps should be taken to maximise the chances that the action plan will be implemented and that stakeholders will remain engaged.
Who is the course for?
The course is tailored to actors involved in formulating IWRM action plans, including civil servants in water-related ministries and agencies, representatives of global, regional, national, and sub-national organisations, including civil society organisations, universities, intergovernmental organisations, and professional associations, as well as consultants involved in supporting IWRM implementation. The course is open to anyone, whether or not they are involved in the activities of the SDG 6 IWRM Support Programme. In that sense, it is an "open source" approach that all interested stakeholders are invited to follow.
Find out more about the course and register here: https://link.gwp.org/IWRMAction
Discover our short video on the course,
Original Source: New course: Building successful national IWRM Action Plans - GWP