Groundwater-based water supply publication report
Global demand for water is projected to outstrip supply by 40 % in 2030. Groundwater can be a sustainable source of high-quality drinking water. Especially in a time where climate change, water scarcity, and droughts are frequent and increasing. Whether relying on a groundwater supply entirely, or as a supplement to surface water, the potential is considerable.The national water supply in Denmark is almost entirely based on groundwater. This has led to the development and implementation of some of the most innovative technologies for comprehensive groundwater mapping, monitoring and protection programmes in the world, not least regarding pesticides.
The groundwater expertise gained therefrom includes:
- registration and data bases
- surveying technologies
- software tools for integrated water resource modelling, and
- decision-making systems, essential to sustainable management.
- Gain insight into the many potentials of groundwater as a reliable water source
- Obtain an overview of how solutions have been implemented in Denmark and around the world
- Meet Danish partners to collaborate with on projects in your own country