DRR looking for experts Myanmar mission
DRR-Team is looking for three or four experts for a scoping mission related to the floods that hit Myanmar in mid-August. These floods caused the displacement of more than 110,000 persons, and more than 70 people were killed in a landslide. The mission will focus on the Bilin and Lower Thanlwin
The DRR-Team will consist of DRR Team Leader Marco Hartman and three or four experts. Several disciplines are required at short notice to draw up recommendations. They include:
- hydrology, experience in working in
- geotechnics, with knowledge on landslide mechanisms;
- morphology, with hands-on knowledge of river systems similar to those in Myanmar;
- disaster management, with expertise in the development of awareness campaigns.
Relevant experience in Myanmar is appreciated.
A balanced team in terms of gender and age is preferred and aimed for. Young professionals are specifically encouraged to express their interest. Interested candidates are requested to explain their expertise
Expressions of interest should include:
- Brief motivation (max. half page)