Myanmar Water Journal - May 2019
Welcome to the May edition of the Myanmar Water Journal. Providing you the latest news, insights, opportunities and events from the Myanmar water sector.
Looking Back to Thingyan Festival
Banner Packages are shown in this edition. If you would like to promote your company or organization, please give us some notice. You can check out the banner packages here.
May Newsletter will be filled with
- Disasters & Flooding - Myanmar may face water shortage due to El Niño and late monsoon arrival.
- River & Inland Water - The Sustainable Mekong Research Network (SUMERNET) announces a call for concept notes for its research grants for 2019.
- Integrated Water Resources Management - The second phase of the five-new-year IWRM project, has been approved by the Norwegian embassy in Myanmar.
- Water Supply - The application of Capacitive Deionization (CDI) for the desalination of ground water.
- Urban Development - Interesting Report 2018 on Urban Management Program in Mandalay.
- Capacity Building - Pyae Phyo Kyaw from Young Expert Programme (YEP) is willing to develop the overall performance of Mandalay City Development Committee (MCDC).
We introduced Burmese articles. There are two reasons why we are doing this.
- It's more convenient for our readers to understand water-related projects.
- To provide knowledge sharing from different sources, websites, blogs, brochures, and newspapers, etc - to make it accessible in Burmese.
- The movement of saline water into groundwater (aquifers) and Greater Yangon Part 2 , originally written by U Myint Thein.
- Governing the Ayeyarwadyis, originally written by Joern Kristensen CEO of Myamar Institute for Integrated Development (MIID).
In particular, we would like to improve our contents and information. Therefore, we are willing to receive our audience's comments on Myanmar Water Journal and Myanmar Water Portal. Please fill out the survey and it will take 5 minutes.